Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'm Still Alive...Barely

It's been awhile since I had the time or energy to blog, and I still don't have the time or energy right now to blog about anything interesting. I haven't done any writing (aside from work-related stuff), and I haven't knit in about two weeks. So sad and depressing. I've finished a couple of books only because I need something to keep me occupied on the train, but mostly I've been blah.

I stayed home from work on Wednesday because I wasn't feeling well, and I know it's the stress. I remember when The Girl was a year old and I had my first real job and I was getting up at 3 am, packing the diaper bag, packing the bottle bag, showering, dressing myself and The Girl, driving 45 minutes to pick up Serena, driving another 10 minutes to drop The Girl at day care, driving another 20 minutes to get to work...and this was all before 6:30 am!!! I remember falling through the door exhausted, and I know I managed to make dinner because my husband, The Girl, and I certainly didn't starve, but I don't remember it being as stressful as things are now.

But...there's one big difference between now and then. Crazy people. That's really all I can say about that.

I will be back soon with writing and knitting content. I must do it for my own sanity. I miss writing, I miss knitting, I miss blogging...in short, I miss the things (besides the hubby and The Girl) that make me happy.

Please send some motivating thoughts my way!!

5 comments:

Bethany said...

I have been wondering where you were, I wanted to send an email but I didn't want to seem nosy or pushy. I have just missed our conversations. I hope things get better for you and start looking up. I think everyone is settling in for a very hard go of things, as the economy gets a little bit worse every day. I hope yoou and yours are doing well, regardless. Drop me a line when you get a chance!

Serena said...

Ahem...this is not the post I was expecting when you said you had blogged. I was hoping for that fateful book post you keep telling me you are working on. I am sad...

Though here's a bright side. WE ARE GOING TO CONFERENCE IN APRIL! WOOHOO...TIME FOR LITERARY INSPIRATION TO BEGIN AGAIN!

Anna said...

The crazy people keep getting crazier, but I still hope to be back soon. Thanks for the good thoughts!

Rachel said...

Ooooh....crazy people mess things up for everyone! So sorry to hear about your stress!

Unknown said...

Hi Anna. I miss you! I know we all get wrapped up in our own lives: work, home, work, etc. I haven't been on your blog in about 3 months and haven't written in my own since the summer!

I've signed up for Ravelry. Perhaps we can meet there (although, of course, I crochet and you knit!) :)