Monday, October 22, 2007

Go Sox!

We interrupt this knitting, reading, writing blog for baseball.

I started watching Red Sox games 8 years ago when I met my husband. I wasn't much of a fan then, but they grew on me. I never thought I'd see them win a World Series in my lifetime, and I'm glad I was wrong. (Too bad we were no longer living in Massachusetts at the time!)

After a few nail-biting games, they're once again on their way to the World Series. (Why do we call it the World Series anyway, if the only teams that play are from the U.S.? I've always wondered this.)

I actually fell asleep towards the end of last night's game (!) because I was afraid they'd lose if I stayed up way past my bedtime to watch. I woke up on the couch, learned the good news from hubby, and then got mad at him for not waking me up when it was apparent they would win. LOL

Anyway...nothing more to say except GO SOX!!!!!!

3 comments:

Serena said...

well, crap. Does this mean I can't do my Sox post now?!

On to crushing the ROCKIES! WOOHOO!

Ok, it might not be easy.

Anna said...

you can post about whatever you want!

i know nothing about the rockies. i'm sure i'll be biting whatever nails are left.

Serena said...

I think it will be a good match-up from what I have seen of them.