Sunday, January 4, 2009

WWII Reading Challenge Has Started!

Happy New Year everyone! Now that the holidays are over, so is my break from the computer.

The WWII reading challenge I'm co-hosting with Serena from Savvy Verse & Wit has officially started!

The Girl (who is participating as well) and I celebrated the start of the challenge by starting a book on New Year's Day, 10 Days: Anne Frank by David Colbert, which she received from her Auntie Serena for Christmas.

Serena and I celebrated by going to see the Valkyrie movie over the weekend. We'll be posting our thoughts about the movie on War Through the Generations soon.

The WWII reading challenge runs through Dec. 31, 2009, and there's still time to sign up. Go to the sign up page for all the details! Thanks to everyone who has signed up so far.

7 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I made it a WWII weekend at the movies too in honor of the challenge. I would have added a third movie (one on DVD) but my husband had had enough at that point. Like you, I saw Valkyrie. I also saw The Reader.

I hope you have a wonderful week! I am very much looking forward to participating in this challenge.

Anna said...

Literary Feline: I'd love to hear what you think of Valkyrie. I can't wait to see The Reader. While channel surfing I discovered they made Anita Shreve's Resistance into a movie, and I'm taping it when it comes on Starz next week.

Amy said...

like Wendy I saw both Valkyrie and the Reader this week. I look forward to reading your thoughts.

Anna said...

Amy: Hopefully we'll have them posted soon. We're still playing catch up from the holidays! I'd love to hear what you think as well.

Serena said...

This is a good reminder for everyone. I think I'll post mine on a day I don't have something already scheduled...maybe Wed!

Darlene said...

Hey that's really cool that The Girl is joining in on the challenge. I'll be starting my first book in the next couple of days.

Anna said...

Serena: I haven't posted it yet. Let me know when you do.

Dar: She signed on right away. She's very interested in learning a lot about the war. We've read a couple of children's history books together, and she just eats it all up.