Monday, September 14, 2009

Mailbox Monday -- September 14

Boy, it's been a busy day. It's after dinner, and I'm only just getting a chance to sit down at the computer to blog. I have some BBAW stuff to post, so I'll be busy for a bit. Guess I better get going then.

I had a bit of a full mailbox this week, and though I'm not accepting many review copies these days, some are too good to pass up.

Here's what came in the mail:

The rest of the Betsy Tacy books from HarperCollins for an upcoming TLC Book Tour:


Betsy Was a Junior/Betsy and Joe by Maud Hart Lovelace



Betsy and the Great World/Betsy's Wedding by Maud Hart Lovelace

I also received a couple of books from Sourcebooks for an upcoming tour (featuring The Girl), but I couldn't find the right book covers online:

Horrid Henry's Underpants
by Francesca Simon and Tony Ross (illus.)
Horrid Henry and the Scary Sitter by Francesca Simon and Tony Ross (illus.)



Inglourious Basterds by Quentin Tarantino, from Hachette

I loved the movie (read my review with Serena here), and I when I heard there were some different scenes in the screenplay, I couldn't wait to get my hands on a copy.

Finally, I received some books from Casemate Publishers:







A Footsoldier for Patton: The Story of a 'Red Diamond' Infantryman With the US Third Army by Michael C. Bilder with James G. Bilder

A big thanks to Marcia from The Printed Page for hosting Mailbox Monday, where bookish folk talk about the books they received in the mail, purchased, or otherwise obtained over the past week.

What books did you welcome into your home recently?

8 comments:

bermudaonion said...

It looks like you and The Girl have got a lot of great reading coming up! Enjoy!

Blodeuedd said...

Good week :D
I have seen the movie now and Tarantino did a great job

Serena said...

Looks like you got some great books this week. Happy reading

Anonymous said...

That's quite a stack. Enjoy!

Kristen said...

Just based on the title of Horrid Henry's Underpants, I could probably sell the smallest member of the family here. Underpants are funny, ya know.

Tara said...

The covers of those new Betsy books are crazy fabulous!! I hope my girl wants to read this series one day. I adored it myself, and treasure my 1947 copy of Heaven to Betsy.

Ladytink_534 said...

Love these Betsy covers. I haven't gotten any books in awhile actually. Well, I've won a few but they haven't arrived yet :(

Anna said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by my mailbox. Sorry I'm so behind in responding to comments.