Wednesday, December 2, 2009

November in Review

Wow, is it really December already?  November just flew by!  Well, last month I read 14 books, bringing me to 119 for the year.  I had set a yearly goal of 100 books completed for 2009...now I'm wondering what goal I should set for myself for 2010.

I've been doing pretty well with my other goal, which was to review every book I read.  I fell behind a bit because of my Thanksgiving vacation and computer troubles, but I should catch up with that over the next several days.

Here's a list of the books I read in November (the links will take you to my reviews):

Conscience Point by Erica Abeel

Diary of a Wimpy Kid:  Dog Days by Jeff Kinney

The Hierophant of 100th Street by Cullen Dorn

Riddle in the Mountain by Daryl Burkhard

Inglourious Basterds by Quentin Tarantino*

Being Written by William Conescu

The Sentinels:  Fortunes of War by Gordon Zuckerman*

The Girl on Legare Street by Karen White

The Listeners by Gloria Whelan and Mike Benny (illus.)

The Reader by Bernhard Schlink*

Fairy Glade & Other Enchanting Tales by Dawn Beaumont-Lane

Otis:  The Musical Owl by Joseph N. Chappelle

The Adventures of Songha:  The Amazing Savannah Cat by Linda R. Caterine

Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay*


*counts toward the War Through the Generations WWII reading challenge


So tell, me...how many books did you read last month? Are you meeting all your reading goals?

20 comments:

Serena said...

You read way more books per month than I do. I must be a slow reader.

Sandy Nawrot said...

With everything you have going on (job, kid, freelance, challenges, blogging) and you have already hit 119??? You are amazing!

Staci said...

November shaped up to be a fantastic month for you!!!

Blodeuedd said...

Great month :D
I actually counted yesterday, but now I have forgotten, perhaps it was 10 and I am more than happy

Suko said...

You put me to shame! I feel as if I read a lot, but not as much as you. You had a great reading month!

Mel u said...

I read one of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid Books recently, my 13 year old daughter borrowed a copy and she loved it so my 11 and 16 year old daughters read it also so I read it to show support -I enjoyed it

A Bookshelf Monstrosity said...

Great reading month! I wish I had been around for the WWII challenge, but I only started blogging a couple of months ago. I'm definitely looking forward to being in on the Vietnam challenge!

A Bookshelf Monstrosity said...

Great reading month! I wish I had been around for the WWII challenge, but I only started blogging a couple of months ago. I'm definitely looking forward to being in on the Vietnam challenge!

Darlene said...

Great reading month Anna! As for reading goals I'm starting over for 2010. I'll make 100+ in books but I think that's the only one I've succeeded in.

Bybee said...

I only did 8 books for November...distracted by work and NaNoWriMo.

DCMetroreader said...

Your numbers are very impressive!

Anonymous said...

You had a great month!

Anna said...

Thanks, everyone! Honestly, if I didn't have so much time to read on my work commute, my totals would be much lower. And now that my home computer is out of commission, I use the time I would spend online to read. :)

~mel u: I think that's great, how you support your children's reading habits. I think that's so important. Glad to hear you enjoyed the book, too.

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

You've had a great month (and year!), Anna.

I'm impressed that you've (mostly) kept up with reviewing the books you read. I have quite a stack that are read but not yet reviewed ...

What will you set for a 2010 goal?

Michele said...

Glad you read Sarah's Key....I think that was the first book I read for the War challenge back towards the beginning of the year...I'll be interested to hear what you thought of it.

119 books? Wow. I'll make 100 this year (barely), but November was rough...I think I only read 4 or 5 books last month.

Lenore Appelhans said...

I didn't read as many as usual in Nov because I was in Africa for more than half the month, but my yearly totals are about the same as yours!

Care said...

I did pass my modified goal for the year and I beat last year's count so I'm OK with how many books I 've read. I have a few of your reviews-soon titles on my upcoming to be read. Our bookclub just voted for Sarah's Key.

Ladytink_534 said...

Wow! You had a great month! I read 1 book last month and a few re-reads.

Unknown said...

Yes, November did just fly by! You did very well this month, 14 books is not easy task (at least not for me,lol). And 119 book for the year is wonderful, although by the time I write this comment you raised that total :)

Anna said...

Thanks everyone! Hope you're finishing all the books you wanted to get to this year. As for me, I'm still catching up with reviews I should have posted in November! LOL