Friday, May 21, 2010

Off to BEA!

The Girl and I are leaving for NYC tomorrow morning with Serena to do some touristy things and to attend Book Expo America on May 25-27.  We have a good idea of the things we want to see and do, but we're also playing it by ear so we don't get overwhelmed.  The Girl has never been to a big city on vacation before (she's been to D.C. and Baltimore, of course, but she considers those home), so she's been so excited she's had a hard time sleeping these last few nights.  I'm excited, but I'm also sad that Jerry isn't coming with us.  (However, I'm sure he's glad to have the house to himself so that no one complains when he watches ESPN or the same movies over and over again.)

Preparing for an entire week off from my job takes a lot of time and effort, and I've been really exhausted this week.  So I apologize for not stopping by all of your blogs and for failing to pre-schedule some reviews while I'm gone.  I will be completely unplugged until May 31, so I hope you all don't forget about me!

Since this post will be up during my break, I want to thank any new visitors to Diary of an Eccentric for stopping by.  To get an idea of what I like to read, feel free to browse my book reviews, which you can access from the navigation bar at the top of the page.  The Girl also reviews books here, and you'll find links to those on the same page.  Additionally, check out the Authors page for links to interviews and guest posts and the War Through the Generations page for information on the yearly war-related reading challenges I co-host with Serena.

And to those of you attending BEA who would like to trade contact information, feel free to e-mail me at diaryofaneccentric at hotmail dot com.  I'd love to meet you!



© 2010, Anna Horner of Diary of an Eccentric. All Rights Reserved. Please do not copy or reproduce content without permission.

27 comments:

Serena said...

I cannot wait to be in NYC!

bermudaonion said...

Y'all are going to have so much fun! I can't wait to see you and Serena again!

Anonymous said...

I hope you all have a wonderful time. I think it's great that you're taking The Girl with you, too.

Isabel said...

Have fun in New York.

Maybe I can attend next year's meeting and met you there!

Amanda said...

See you in a few days, Anna!!

Jeannie said...

You're going to have a wonderful time, Anna. You deserve the getaway! :D

Jo-Jo said...

How fun that The Girl gets to experience NYC with you! Have a great time!

Carrie said...

See you there!

Arch said...

Hope you guys haffun sightseeing at NYC and also at the BEA. Waiting to hear more about the expo in your blog when you get back...

Wishes
Arch

Sullivan McPig said...

Have fun!!

Beth Hoffman said...

I hope y'all have a ton of fun!

Missy B. said...

Have a great time, Anna. Wish I could be there too!

Sandy Nawrot said...

YOu three are going to have so much fun! I understand how hard it is to leave a job...you have to work twice as hard before and after, but it is going to be worth it. Take pictures!

Blodeuedd said...

I am sure you will have a blast :D

Suko said...

Enjoy BEA, Anna! This will be a special time for you and your daughter. I wish I could also attend--maybe next year. Have fun in NYC!

Staci said...

Have a great time in NYC!!!!

rhapsodyinbooks said...

I hope you two have a wonderful time! And I'm sure your husband will too - when my husband goes away, I am loving life with The Freedom to Use the Remote Control!

cindysloveofbooks said...

I can't wait either. Looking forward to perhaps bumping into you.

Marg said...

Have a fantastic time. I would love to go to an event this size!

Alyce said...

I hope you guys have a wonderful time!

Melody said...

Have loads of fun! Can't wait to read your post on the trip when you're back!!

Unknown said...

Forget about you PLEASE!!!!

I am counting on living vicariously through your post on your return.

Have a blast!

Iliana said...

Have a blast and take tons of pictures :)

Can't wait to hear about all the adventures!

Bybee said...

I went to Book Expo Korea, but somehow, I know it's just not the same as BEA. Sigh.

Arielle said...

This must be so much fun, would love to go to something like that one day! And it's so cool that The Girl gets to go with you :-)

Esme said...

Anna-I am sorry that I did not get in touch with you before BEA-things here were harried and I was not sure I was going due to an emergency. I then assumed I would run into you-I hope you had a great time. BEA was tons of fun.

Anna said...

Thanks, everyone. I just got back from my vacation yesterday, and I'm pretty tired. I'll be posting about my trip soon.

Esme: No worries. Too bad we didn't run into each other, but there's always next year.