Monday, December 31, 2007

A Couple of Christmas Gifts

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! The knitting did not go well for me. The hubby's hat was slightly too big, and he won't let me fix it (more on this later). I didn't finish the gift for Serena, and we had a good laugh over the fact that she didn't finish my gift either. I also didn't finish the gift for The Girl. I'm still not done with either of them due to a cold that walloped my butt, sent me home from work early on Friday, and forced me to sleep away the weekend. And I still don't have my voice back.

Anyway...I did manage to gift a couple of handknit items to the children of a friend of mine from church.


Blue's Hedgehog



Pattern: Blue's Hedgehog by Cathi Pearce
Yarn: Red Heart Supersaver (a smidge of Royal) doubled with Lion Brand Fun Fur (a smidge of Sapphire)
Needles: U.S. 7 Boye straights
Started & Finished: 08/2007
Modifications: I used bigger needles than called for in the pattern and embroiderly floss for the eyes and nose


This was a very quick, easy, stashbusting project. Now The Girl wants one, too!



Fuzzy Fizz Scarf


Pattern: Just a basic garter stitch scarf. I cast on 16 stitches and knit until I ran out of yarn.
Yarn: Crystal Palace Fizz (color 7128 Flame, 1 ball)
Needles: U.S. 11 Susan Bates straights
Started: 08/2007
Finished: 12/2007


I'm not a big fan of eyelash yarns, but I found the Fizz to be better than the Fun Fur. I really liked the subtle stripes, and it's very soft. I made the same scarf for my mother-in-law last year, and it was a big hit.

Well, the year is over. Stay tuned for the rest of finished knits from 2007 (and a couple older than that) and a recap of the books I read in 2007. I'm keeping up with the posts better than before, but I still have so much to say and so little time. However, our friends from church are giving us their spare computer, so there may be more blogging (and creative writing) in my future!

Happy New Year!



**Photos Copyright 2007 Serena M. Agusto-Cox**

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh that's awful! I always liked losing my voice at first, got out of work and all, then it just got darn irritating!! LOL! I can feel for you! Get Well soon!!!

That lil blue guy is way cute! Gotta make my kitties one so they won't carry my balls of yarn off in their mouths anymore. I still have some FF in my stash too. It's still fun to use for things!

What is with the hats?? I've had zero luck and I've made how many by now? Oh well, we tried! :O)
Have a Safe & Happy New Year!!!

Serena said...

and she still hasn't finished my gift and i completed hers...shame shame...

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your cold! Hope you're feeling better now... the hedgehog is very cute, and so is the scarf! I do find eyelash/novelty yarns quite irresistible :)

Anna said...

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm feeling much better now. Not 100%, but dramatically better.

Glad you like the knits! I hope the recipients liked them, too.

Serena: I AM working on your gift. I swear it'll be done soon!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

That little blue hedgehog is very very cute! Thanks for linking the pattern. I'll bet the cats would like it for a catnip toy. :-)

Anna said...

No problem! I just heard that the little girl I gave it to likes it because it's all fuzzy. :D