Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm Tired, But I'm Posting Just for Serena

So my dear friend Serena is bored. Her hubby had knee surgery a week ago, so she's working from home so she can take care of him. She asked me a few times today via instant messenger whether I was going to blog tonight. I hadn't planned on it, but I had a change of heart. (You're lucky I love you, Serena!)

The new home computer has been a major time suck. I love that I'm blogging more, catching up on my email, working on church stuff, and I've even been participating in some Ravelry groups! But my knitting and novel writing has suffered as a result. I'd originally planned to leave the computer off, pick up the baby blanket I'm working on, and settle in for some Masterpiece Theater's Jane Austen adaptations.

But here I am...

I'm still working on the book recaps, so in the meantime, I'll post an old knitting project. I mentioned that I'm knitting Thuja socks for my sister. This is the second time I've knit this pattern; the first were socks for the hubby.

Hubby's Thujas


Pattern: Thuja by Bobby Ziegler from Knitty
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease, Navy (less than one ball)
Needles: U.S. 6 Clover DPNs
Modifications: None
Started and Finished: 02/2006

I made these for the hubby for Valentine's Day a couple years ago. He likes them, but doesn't wear them all that much unless he's really cold. I must say, they definitely fit better than the Patriots Hat I knit him for Christmas!

This is a very easy sock pattern, and because they call for size U.S. 6 needles, I thought the Wool-Ease was a good choice. They're a little thick for wearing in shoes, but around the house to take away the chill, they're perfect.

I hope I've helped you procrastinate a little, Serena, but now I'm off to knit and watch Jane Austen. Who am I kidding?? I'm lucky if I stay awake for another 15 minutes! Hubby will come home from work in a couple hours, and I'll be snoring on the couch. (What a romantic sight.)



**Photo Copyright 2007 Serena M. Agusto-Cox**

4 comments:

Serena said...

I remember these socks. Men are too funny...they want stuff, you give it to them, and then they don't want to wear the stuff out...so they save it. I'd rather have it loved into oblivion. :)

Dawn said...

That pattern has been in my bag for such a loooong time. I really need to get around to it one day. I have some Dream In Color that I want to use for those.
My husband doesn't wear the socks I make him too often either. I'm going to have to look into that...

I picked up the JA Classic BBC set at Costco this summer, I've watched them all, all 1336 minutes of them...LOL! I enjoyed them, I'm a sucker for romance and true love.

Bethany said...

What? NO jaywalkers? Just kidding, those look really good and so warm and comfy. I am getting ready to start on some mittens, I am so ready for Spring!

Anna said...

Still have not watched the Jane Austen series. Work has been kicking my butt lately.

I really do need to branch out my sock knitting. I've knit 4 pairs of Jaywalkers, 2 pairs of Thujas (and another on the way), and 2 pairs of basic ribbed socks. :(