Saturday, April 18, 2009

Dewey's Read-a-Thon: Update and Comic Mini Challenge

The Girl and I have been joined by Serena. The men are out of the house, and The Girl is in a chatty mood. (I hope Serena's not wishing she stayed at home!)

I'm about 60 pages into The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society -- not as far into it as I hoped to be at this point. We did finish Coraline, so I've got one book under my belt. The Girl has read 5 so far, and she's taking a break outside to enjoy the fresh air. We'll see how long she stays interested.

******

Anyway, on to the mini challenge. Kim from Sophisticated Dorkiness is hosting a comic challenge. The Girl rose to the occasion and decided to poke a little fun at her mother. The rules state that the comic must be about books or the Read-a-Thon. Here's what she came up with:


I've never used MS Paint before, so I hope this turns out right. If you can't read it, that's me in the chair reading a book. In the second panel, I'm lying down and snoring. Yup, I'm famous in my house for my weekend naps, but I'm proud to say I haven't dozed off once today (not yet anyway).

I'm going to buckle down and lose myself in my book now... We'll be back later.



and

19 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

That picture really made me smile. Too cute!

Serena said...

The Girl is way more talented with MS Paint than I am! LOL Mine is retarded! This was fun!

Anna said...

Trish: You made her day!

Serena: Yours was NOT retarded. I love Ninjas. I don't know where The Girl got her MS Paint talent. It surely wasn't from me.

Staci said...

I need to play with that paint program too!!

Anna said...

Staci: I didn't even get a chance to play with it. LOL

Darlene said...

Awww, the pic is too cute! Lucky you to have company. Maybe if I had company I could stay more focused. lol. Good luck getting some reading done.

Molly said...

what a WONDERFUL way to spend mother/daughter time. Coraline is a GREAT book to share with one another.

Congratulations to you both!

Anonymous said...

Love The Girl's comic. I have The Guernesy Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society out from the library, so I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious comic!

I'm jealous you all get to hang out, it sounds like a ton of fun.

Good luck with the Read-a-Thon!
Kim

Karen Beth said...

Entertaining pictures. Happy reading!

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

It sounds like the 3 of you are enjoying a fun readathon day together ... yes, the girl needs fresh air breaks :)

I love her comic - you go, girl!!

and Anna, there's nothing better than a weekend nap!

Luanne said...

I love that the Girl has joined you and Serena - loved the cartoons! Have a great day together!

Marie Cloutier said...

Great picture! So cute. Good luck with the readathon!

Elizabeth said...

Love your comic!

Keep up the good work!!

Kailana said...

Coraline and The Potato Peel Society are both really good books!

bermudaonion said...

I bet the 3 of y'all are having more fun than anyone else with the read-a-thon! The Girl's comic is great!

Eva said...

Love the cartoon! :) Keep up your reading!

Alyce said...

Loved the comic! I am the same way on the weekends.

Anna said...

Thanks everyone! The Girl is thrilled that you all loved her comic.