Saturday, April 10, 2010

We're Ready for the Read-a-Thon

The Girl and I are ready for Dewey's Read-a-Thon, which starts in 90 minutes.  There's been a little change in plans, but nothing major.  Serena originally was planning to come to our house to read, but due to her husband's work schedule, we'll be heading to her house for the Read-a-Thon.  The Girl and I already had a stack of books ready for the event, but last night before I conked out on the couch, we added several more to our piles.  We like to keep our options open, especially if we'll be away from our shelves.

I'm sure they'll be snacks, but I guess we're playing that by ear.  Oh, and there's a little thing called a library sale this morning, and we just can't bear to miss it.  I'm sure we won't be staying up for the full 24 hours, but we'll have fun trying.

I'm not sure how often I'll be updating.  I'm dragging my laptop with me to Serena's house, but I like to stay unplugged for much of the event because I'm so easily side-tracked.  Still, The Girl loves the mini-challenges, and she needs a break every hour or so.

To those of you participating, have a great time!  To the rest of you, have a great weekend, and we hope you'll pop in to cheer us on!



© 2010, Anna Horner of Diary of an Eccentric. All Rights Reserved. Please do not copy or reproduce content without permission.

11 comments:

Sandy Nawrot said...

Good luck Anna! My kids are still asleep, but they are very excited to give this a try. I have my doubts with my son, but at least he is willing to try. We went shopping earlier in the week and are stocked up on snacks and easy meals, our books are set up and ready to go. We will be taking a break and going to church later this afternoon, but other than that, we are invested!

Serena said...

Sounds like you have a plan. we'll have to think about snacks when you get here. I've still got jelly beans!

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

Have a great time Anna and good luck! I am like you and I like to keep my options open as well, so I would be piling on the books too if I were going to be away from home!

Blodeuedd said...

Good luck! To the all 3 of you :)

Sullivan McPig said...

Good luck and have fun!
Saturday evening is a regular movie night with friends coming over here otherwise I'd been tempted to join the Read-a-thon

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Woo hoo Anna! I love your plan and love that it is a family event! :)

Have fun and get a lot of reading done!

Missy B. said...

Good luck Anna! Sounds like you all will have a great time :)

Rachel said...

It sounds like you have a great plan!! Goodluck and happy reading :)

Staci said...

Have fun!!! I always look forward to this day!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Good luck and have fun :)

Anna said...

I know I'm late in responding to your comments, but I wanted to say thank you to everyone who wished us luck. We had a great time!