Monday, June 4, 2007

Here's Some Knitting Content

We interrupt all talk of books and writerly things to provide proof that I actually do knit. These socks were made for my friend Serena for Christmas.

Tweedy Jaywalkers


Pattern: Grumperina's Jaywalkers from MagKnits
Yarn: Lana Grossa Colortweed
Needles: U.S. 2 DPNs, Susan Bates, aluminum

The yarn was so soft to work with, the colors so vivid. The pattern is ingenious, the zigzagging so much fun.

I liked the Susan Bates needles. Serena bought them for me to make it virtually impossible for me to overlook her request for socks. She's one of the few people who actually make knitting requests and appreciate the finished product.

(FYI--If you click on the picture, you'll get a close-up of the yarn, stitches...and Serena's sexy feet!)

On the sidebar, you can see I have a few projects on the needles, (I guess I have a habit of casting on and letting them sit. If only it were like Harry Potter, and the needles moved on their own!) but I've been focusing on my writing lately. Hopefully, I'll have another finished item soon.



**Photo Copyright 2007 Serena M. Agusto-Cox**

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These feet are far from sexy...did you even measure Terrie's feet for her pair of socks? LOL I just love those socks, too bad I'm not wearing many socks these days with all this warm weather. LOL

Anna said...

No, I forgot the tape measure that morning, what with the sink gurgling and the police being called. LOL

Note to Terrie: Give me the measurements, and I'll give you some socks. :D

Serena said...

LOL you are too funny...you are supposed to remember these things, aren't you