Monday, September 14, 2009

Let's Kick Off BBAW 2009 With a Shout Out to My Blog Buddies!

I'm so excited that Book Blogger Appreciation Week 2009 has begun! This is my second year participating, and while I'm a bit overwhelmed with blog reading and posting today (on top of a busy, exhausting day at work), I'm already having a blast.

Today, I want to highlight some blogs with some really awesome reviews that didn't make the shortlist for the BBAW awards (or at least not in the reviews categories). There are so many blogs I enjoy and subscribe to, but I'm going to limit myself to 5. Otherwise, I'd be adding links to this post all day.

Bermudaonion's Weblog

You've GOTTA Read This!
Peeking Between the Pages
Life in the Thumb
At Home With Books

It's always a pleasure to read reviews by Kathy, Sandy, Dar, Staci, and Alyce, and if you don't already regularly read their blogs, it's about time you started. ;)

Even though she was on the shortlist this year (congrats!), I want to give a shout out to my good friend Serena of Savvy Verse and Wit. She's been my partner in crime for more than a decade, and we both take turns in the driver's seat at War Through the Generations. She always has something book-related to discuss, she's passionate about promoting poetry, and she's been a big help to me when it comes to blogging and writing.

And finally, I want to thank everyone who visits Diary of an Eccentric. I appreciate each and every one of your comments, and if you're a reader who hasn't yet commented, I hope you'll use BBAW as an opportunity to say "hi."

17 comments:

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

I like Kathy's blog too! That's the only one on your list I recognize.

Here is mine

Care said...

Oh yea! Great shortlist you have here. and CONGRATS on your nom for best challenge.

bermudaonion said...

Thanks so much for your kind words, Anna! I really do appreciate it. I love your blog and your challenge too!

Literate Housewife said...

Great post, Anna! I love Kathy and Sandy's blogs, too. In order to make my highlight manageable, I had to not consider people shortlisted in any category. Thank you so much for highlighting Life in the Thumb. I went there immediately because I had to know if she was from Michigan - my home state and true love (someday I'll be back - I swear it!). Thank you for highlighting her.

Sandy Nawrot said...

You are so kind to mention me! I agree with the other blogs you have mentioned. You are one of my absolute favorites AND one of my favorite challenges too!

Molly said...

I agree with ALl your choices :)

Happy BBAW!

Literary Feline said...

It's been a juggling act for me today too, Anna. Our employers should give us a week's paid vacation for BBAW. :-)

The blogs you've highlighted are among my favorites as well.

I met you and Serena through BBAW last year, now that I think about it. You do such a wonderful job with your blog. I may not comment as often as I might like, but I do read all of your posts.

Alyce said...

Thank you so much for the mention! I feel very honored that I made your short list!

Nise' said...

Four familiar favorites and one new to me! Thanks for the recommendations.

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

Great pics! Happy BBAW!

Serena said...

Those are some great blogs and I love them all! Ok, I may be biased about my own, but you know which blogs I mean!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

You picked a great 5 to list--I know it's so hard coming up with a list, but many of the ones you included are also my favorites.

Happy BBAW!

Iliana said...

Wonderful list of blog buddies! I'm already a fan of a couple and can't wait to meet the others :)

Veens said...

Jeez! if i were to select - these girls would definitely make my list as well!

i really like your blog too Anna - it is great and good to know you more!

gautami tripathy said...

I agree with you over those blogs!

BBAW: Reading meme

Lenore Appelhans said...

It's totally intimidating to come up with a shortlist, because there are just so many blogs I love.

Anna said...

Thanks everyone! I do hope you check out these blogs if you haven't already.